Wednesday, July 13, 2016

My Sympathy

I recently lost another special someone in my life, so maybe this card is for me.


The card base is Daffodil Delight, 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". This is what is called a tent fold with the fold at the top of the card. On the cover I scored at 1/4" all around along the inside, to add a bit of interest.

Stamp the line flowers from one of my favorite sets, Gift of Love, three times on Whisper White with Daffodil Delight ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder and color in with a blender pen, using Daffodil Delight and Old Olive inks. Just highlight the stamped image with the color. You can use ink refills or before opening the ink pad, give it a quick squeeze in the middle. This will give you a paint pallet in the middle of the lid. Now fussy cut out each image. This just means to cut around the image. Leave a bit of an edge around the image and you will have a cleaner cut look.

Using the Fine Tip Glue Pen, center the doily towards the top of the card base front. Place one of the floral cut outs in the center of the doily towards the top. Add dimensionals to the other two images and position them onto the card.

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (one of the greatest sets you can have!) stamped with Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White. Cut out two banners, using either the Banner punch or the thinlits, one of the sentiment and one from Daffodil Delight. Trim down the sentiment to fit on top of the Daffodil banner and glue together. Add dimensionals to the back and add to the bottom of the flower stems.

It had to have some more pizazz, so I used the clear Wink of Stella pen on the flowers and onto the tails of the sentiment. Still needed something, so added gold sequins around the flowers and to the sentiment. (NOTE: I wish I had sponged Daffodil Delight around the banner and flowers, before attaching.)

I know it seems like there are a lot of steps to this card, but it really is a fast and simple project. I hope you give it a try AND I hope that you won't need to use the same sentiment.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment