Saturday, July 23, 2016

Writing Note

I have been unable to find a selection of stationary for letter writing (yes, I still do that), so when I saw the Writing Note stamp in the catalog, I had to give it a try.


I actually have an unlined notepad that measures 6"x9", so I cut a sheet in half. It is now 4 1/2"x 6" and perfect for the large stamp. I stamped an image from the Flower Shop set in the bottom corner, then using the pansy punch and a large post it note, I punched out a flower to use as a mask. Stick the mask over the flower image.

With the larger stamps like this one, I tap the ink pad onto the stamp rather than the usual way of tapping the stamp onto the ink pad. This way you can make sure that you have a good coverage of ink. Then there are several ways to apply the image to the paper.

1. Stamp as usual, making sure to give even pressure all over the stamp.
2. Lie the paper on top of the stamp, cover with a larger scrap piece and
     a. use your hand to smooth over the stamp area
     b. use the brayer to give even pressure over the stamp area
     c. use one of the longer clear blocks to smooth over the stamp area
3. Use the MISTY (my favorite)

Remove the mask and turn the paper over to stamp the lines onto the back. This was my first try. Afterwards I trimmed the left side of the stamp so that it would fit up to the MISTY edge and not leave so much space on the paper.

NOTE: When finished, add the mask to the stamp set, so that you can use it over and over.

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment