Monday, July 25, 2016

Perfectly Wrapped alternatives

I am not usually interested in kits, but this one kept calling me, so I broke down and ordered it. The ideas in the kit/catalog are great, but I had some of my own, so thought I would share them with you.


This kit can be found on page 159 on the catalog. It is very inexpensive at only $25 for product to create eight bags and eight boxes. All you have to add is adhesive, ink and stamps. The stamp set that is used in the catalog examples in on the same page.


This gold polka dot box is one of the projects. I used the sentiment from my favorite Hostess Reward stamp set, Gift of Love. The kit shows to attach a different fringe around the box, recommending that you fill it first. Instead, I used two of the black strips included in the kit and created a sleeve to wrap around the box. I glued two strips together then wrapped it around the box and glued the ends together on the top to create the sleeve. Use your fingers to curl up the fringe. I misted two of the scallop circles with water and wadded them up. I unfolded them carefully and let them dry before sponging the edges and the top with Peek-a-boo Peach ink. Add a dimensional to attach them together and one to attach this to the top of the sleeve. Create one of the bows in the kit and glue to the top of the circles. Sponge around one of the small tags with the same ink, stamp the sentiment with black and tie it to the bow.


This project uses one of the cellophane bags and insert that comes in the kit. I used one of the large tags, sponged around it with Tangerine Tango, then stamped it with the flowers in the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set. Cut a strip of sequins (I put a drop of glue on the end to prevent unraveling), glue it to the top of the tag. Sponge ink around one of the circle tags and stamp your sentiment. (This one came from the set, Thoughtful Branches, available Aug 2, ONLY while supplies last!) Add a dimensional to the center and attach to the tag between the sequins. Add the tag and hold the bag closed with a mini clothespin. (Green ones are included in the kit, but I chose a natural one from my sash).


There are SO many ideas to create flowers with punches and dies! I chose this one from my stash of flowers that I have created. (I usually have to try the different tutorials).  NOTE: the clear sleeve fits over the open box to create a cover.....bet you can guess how I know haha..., making sure that the seam is on the bottom. I used two of the leaves and a large tag from the kit, sponging around all with Emerald Envy and stuck it all with strong tape to the acetate sleeve. Very simple and very nice, I think. The sentiment is from Suite Sayings stamp set.


I saved this one for last, because to be perfectly honest, I was not thrilled with the sample. It took me a bit to decide what to do with it after putting together the bag. Take your time with this one. Finger crease the scores in both directions. This will help you make the correct folds when putting it together. Another hint for this one, the instructions refer to a couple of images that I didn't find right away. They are actually on the back with the sample images. It also tells to curl the bag first. Just roll it around your arm.

Now for what I created. After putting the bag together, I used the retired window punch to place a handle in the top. The current classic label would do the same thing. Mist and wrinkle three of the large flower petals and two of the small petals. After they dry, sponge the edges and across the top with Tangerine Tango. Attach and offset the petals together with dimensionals. Using your thumb, curl each petal upward. Tear one of the black fringe pieces to about one third, loosely roll and glue the end down. I cut about half of the bottom off and glued it to the center of my flower. After it dried, I fluffed out the fringe with my fingers. Glue this to the center of the bag front. Sponge two of the leaves and glue them to the bag also.

Sponge around one of the small tags and add the sentiment. Add it to one of the binder clips with a small piece of the white twine. Cut a larger piece of twine and add the gold dots to it, sandwiching the twine between two dots. I also caught the corner of the tag between two of the center dots, to help hold it in place. Drape this over the clip and use it to close the bag.

REMEMBER: You only need to add ink, stamp, and adhesive. Everything else in included to create FOUR of each of the samples shown in the catalog.

After reading all this, maybe I should have done it in several different posts instead of just one!!!

Hope you give this one a try. I would love to hear what ideas you come up with! Have a great day and thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment