Friday, July 22, 2016

Twisted Gatefold!

I almost double posted yesterday! I was that excited about sharing this new project!

If you know what has happened in my life these last few months, you can appreciate the return of my enjoyment of crafting! I sure do!

So here is my newest fun creation with my new toys;



Isn't that fun looking?

Ready for the details? Here they are:

The base of the card is Very Vanilla cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/4", then scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2".

NOTE: You can actually make this any size as long as the three sections are the same.

Now score the left panel from the top left corner to the bottom score line. Score the right panel from the top score line to the bottom right corner.

Stamp your sentiment onto the middle panel. Trust me on this one. It is so much easier to do it now than AFTER the card is created! I used one from the upcoming NEW set, Thoughtful Branches. Check out my previous post to find out how and when you can order this great set!

NOTE: If using a dark base then just add a mat to the center panel using a lighter color.

Cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper a bit smaller than one of your panels. I chose Playful Pallet Stack, cut at 2 1/2" x 5 1/4". Cut one from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and the other one in the opposite direction, from the top right corner to the bottom left corner. Adhere them to the outer triangles formed on the base (front and back). I prefer to use the liquid glue for this step. It allows time to position the pieces just right.

Crease the scores with the bone folder, making sure that the outer triangles come together in the center. Create an image to adhere to one of the triangles. I used the Painters Pallet stamp set. The easel was stamped on Very Vanilla with Peek-a-Boo Peach, then the sentiment was stamped in the middle with Emerald Envy. I fussy cut it out, meaning to just cut around the image, leaving a bit of an edge. Place a tiny piece of double stick tape to the back and stick it to black cardstock. Fussy cut around the image. Pull these two pieces apart and add dimensionals to the back of the image, then attach it to the black cutout.

Decide where you want your image to be and add strong tape to the area you need to stick to ONE of the triangle fronts. That is all there is to it!!!

OH! and don't forget to sign your artwork on the back of your creation!!!!

Here is another one with the image in a different position:


!

I added extra DSP to the inner triangles (had to use the pieces I cut incorrectly and make a "mistake" into a "Perfect"

Have fun with this one! Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment