Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thoughtful Hydrangea

One last peak at a sample from the Thoughtful Branches set that will be available WHILE supplies last on August 2, 2016. Don't forget to place your order on Tuesday or soon after, so you don't miss out!


Stamp the bundle of leaves on Very Vanilla with Temping Turquoise, cut them out with the thinlet, plus a set from Tempting Turquoise card stock. Wad up the stamped image just a little to give it some character. Stamp two of the leaves with Old Olive onto Very Vanilla and cut out with the matching die. Cut out the stem from Old Olive cardstock. Using liquid glue, adhere the leaves to the back of the cut outs. Glue this down to the cover of a Pool Party base card (5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4). Add dimensionals to the solid "leaves" and place at the top of the stem. Carefully unfold the crumpled flower piece without making it too flat. Cut down some of the dimensionals and add them to the back, placing it on top of the solid piece. Not only did I spin it around, but I also offset it a bit, so that the color shows through. Stamp the sentiments from the same set in Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive.

This one was okay, but a bit plain for me, so......


Using Tempting Turquoise, I sponged the ink around the edges of the card. I did the same on the inside. That helped, but still.......


I had a small piece of Pool Party ribbon from my stash of retired ribbons, so made a bow and using liquid glue, added it to the stem. Now I feel that it is completed.

So this post shows what a difference just a little bit more can make.

Now, here is a picture of the bundle you really don't want to miss out on!


I hope you enjoyed this sample. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment