Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fall challenge

It is a little cool this morning, making me think that fall isn't too far off. So I decided to create a card for the season using a challenge from SUO as details. The challenge is clean and simple (CAS) and you can check out the details here. Here is what I came up with:


The base of the card is 4" x 11", scored at 4 1/2" and at 9". This forms a pocket on the inside for a cider/hot cocoa packet or gift card. I used Old Olive cardstock, then a mounted piece of Cajun Craze run through the woodgrain embossing folder (4 1/4" x 3 3/4"). I used the woodgrain background stamp with Cajun Craze ink on So Saffron cardstock (4"x 3 1/2"). I have sponged with Cajun Craze ink around the base card and the mats.

The pumpkin in created with a circle die (size wanted for the front of your card), then one of the oval dies that are a bit smaller than the height of your circle. (I chose mine by measuring it so the top of the oval would fit to the top of the side of the circle, where I would be placing it first.) Die cut three of the ovals and sponge around each one with Always Artichoke ink, then tape one to each side of your circle, in just a bit from the edge. Now trim the circle around the ovals in the center to create the pumpkin top and bottom. Add the last oval to the center. Attach leaves from the Build a Bird punch in Always Artichoke cardstock and place this on the card.

Sponge the largest butterfly cut from the Beautiful Wings embosslit with Always Artichoke ink. Stamp your sentiment (I used one from Teeny Tiny Wishes) and punch out (I used the window punch and punched the rounded side close to the ends).

I hope you enjoyed your visit and thanks so much for stopping by! Let me know if you have any questions!



5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is the perfect CAS Autumn card! Love your pumpkin with all of the details and I am sure the recipient will be thrilled! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this is so "autumn"! It's a fun way to add a pack of cocoa to a fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pumpkins and this is SO cute for Autumn! Love the hardwood background, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO CAS Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to do the pumpkin! And I love it there in front of your 'fence'! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete