Monday, August 25, 2014

Halloween minis


Even though I was fighting some kind of nasty bug this weekend, these ideas kept floating around in my head. So by bringing a few things to my recliner and working on them a little at a time, here are the results! All were created with the 4 oz mini cups and lids.


My mummy was the first one I created, just tore strips of Naturals White card stock and wrapped them around the cup with smaller strips around the lid. Topped it off with a cut out circle (think I will tear it, too, the next time) and added google eyes, pushing them up under one of the strips a bit.


Frankenstein is more cute than scary, but that is okay with me! I used olive green cardstock to wrap around the cup, using the edge of the table to curl the piece first. I cut out a piece of black, long enough to wrap around the lid, curled it with my bonefolder, cut out the notched hair, then made slits about every 1/4" or so on the top edge to ease onto the lid with sticky strip. Punched out the circle for the top, added google eyes and drew on the mouth with an Always Artichoke marker. (Think I will use black on the next ones.) For the nose and "bolts", I cut a square from the dimensionals, double layered them, colored around the edges with Always Artichoke maker, added a punched square of the same color card stock and done!


My Jack-O-Lantern was actually the first one I was trying to figure out it my head. I cut out enough ovals (just slightly larger than the height of the cup), with Tangerine Tango cardstock, and sponged around each piece with Old Olive ink then curved them with my bone folder. I also trimmed a small amount off the top so they would fit under the rim of the cup, then started on the back, overlapping them on each side, placing one in the center of the front. I then trimmed around the bottom of the ovals to line up with the bottom of the cup, cut out the face pieces and glued them on, took my Old Olive marker brush tip and drew around the oval, using the writer tip to trace around the other ovals. I put a small strip of the Tangerine Tango around the lid plus a circle on the top, punching out leaves from Old Olive card stock with the Build a Bird punch to glue around the top. The curls are small strips of card stock, curled with the bone folder til the card stock begins to come apart. Peel it apart, cut into small strips, add a bit of glue around the circle top and smoosh the curls into the glue. (very technical, you know :) )

Hope you enjoyed your visit! I appreciate you stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment