Thursday, August 9, 2012

ornament card

This is another top fold card and looks like it would open like an envelope, but that top flap is just part of the card front. The card base is Cherry Cobbler (can you tell that this is one of my favorite colors), garden green mat and whisper white for the top layer. For the flap, I actually used a can to draw a circle around and cut it in half, then attached it to garden green and cut around the curved edge with decorative scissors. I embossed the white with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder (116824), used a sponge dauber to rub cherry cobbler over the flowers, then sponged the edge with garden green. I actually used a circle punch to punch out one of the flowers for the "button"(you can do this in the area that will be covered with the flap). Attached it with a dimensional (104430), punched out an ornament (119847) and stamped it with Vintage Vogue (retired......but so many stamps you could use in the catalog), wrapped some silver string around the neck and knotted the end before wrapping around the "button". I then placed a dimensional on the ornament to hold it in place.

I hope you enjoyed this one and if you ever have a question, just contact me.

As always, thanks for stopping by, and remember these items are available to order in the right hand column! Have a great crafting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment