Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blue Poinsettia


This card was inspired by the gorgeous plant I had last year. I used the Watercolor Winter stamp set (129724), whisper white, gumball green, and pacific point cardstocks, gunball green, pacific point, and soft suede inks.

 I stamped the first two blooms directly on the whisper white cardstock, stamping the first image off on scrap paper to mute the color a bit, then using full ink coverage for the top layer. I then created two masks of the bloom. You do this by stamping on a post it, making sure some of the image is on the sticky part, then cutting it out and placing it over the stamped image on the card. You can then stamp the pine needles all around without getting it on the bloom image. Remove the masks and stamp on the pine cones with soft suede. I prefer the look with out the outline image, but you can add it if you like. Just make sure to stamp off the first image or choose a darker ink for the line image. I also used the stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) to position the lined images on the blooms. Lining up the center petals works the best for me to align the images. There is a larger gap between two of them to help with this.

The middle bloom is stamped on a piece of scrap whisper white, cut out, and attached with dimensionals (104430).

I completed the image by placing Dazzling Details (124117) just around the tips of the petals and Cherry Cobblwe (125585) on the inside of the blooms.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment