Monday, September 3, 2012

Halloween Scentsational



I receive most of my inspirations from so many people and sources, but once in awhile an idea comes completely from me :) . This is one of those ideas. I used the Scentsational Season (121026) stamp set and Holiday Collection Framelit Dies (127814) [ or save 15% on the bundle (129945)], Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (126904) all from the Holiday Catalog. I also used pumpkin pie, chocolate chip and whisper white cardstock, Teeny Tiny Messages (115370), and the Word Window punch (119857). I actually used a pumpkin pie ribbon that has retired.

After stamping the mug and cutting it out, I colored it over a couple of times with the pumpkin pie marker to cover the snowflake image. For the mummy, I ran the image through the Big Shot (113439) using the Stripped Embossing Folder (123128), highlighting the stripes with the Sahara Sand marker and used the Basic Black (100082) for the eye placement and pupils, and circle punches from whisper white to create the eyes. I also used dimensionals (104430) to place the "steam" which is stamped with Sahara Sand, and to place the mummy on the card.

Sometimes it is fun to use stamps for a totally different idea, which is what I did here. I think this would also be great to make this into a pocket and insert an apple cider packet for a great gift idea. I hope you will give it a try!

Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by. Don't forget that you can order 24/7 from the online button in the right hand column.

No comments:

Post a Comment