Monday, September 24, 2012

Vintage tag


I have been wanting to try one of these tags for some time now, and really glad that I finally did. I used crumb cake card stock and cut out a tag from the Two Tags Die (115954). I started my using a script stamp similar to En Francais (109521) with Soft Suede (126978) ink, then added my image and colored it in. When you get done with this, crumble it up, carefully because it will tear. I don't suggest using water because the inks could run. Wad it up into a ball and carefully "unwad" (not even sure that is a word), and flatten it out. Take the Soft Suede and using the pad or a dauber rub ink across the tag. It will show up darker on the creases to give it the vintage look. Do this until it looks pleasing to you. I then punched out another tag and using the Multi Purpose Glue (110755) attached it to the back and added a ribbon to finish it off.

I  think that the next time I will just add the script to the back before scrunching and rub the ink across it to complete the tag. Then I won't need to use the second tag. I just thought it really looked used and not attractive with just the wrinkles on the back. So the extra tag was my first thought.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment