Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall roses


Fall is definitely in the air around here and here is a card with non-traditional colors for my roses. The rose season isn't over yet, as my rose plants are proving!

I used Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, and More mustard cardstock, More Mustard,Cajun Craze, and Gumball Green inks, DSP from the Festival of Prints Paper Stack (126904),5/8" Crochet Trim (118481), Scallop (119856) and Large Oval (119855) punches, and sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370). And the star of the card is from Stippled Blossoms (126745).

The top layer rose was created at the same time as the first one. Just stamp the image onto your mat piece then without reinking stamp onto a scrap with the More Mustard, then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), use the Cajun Craze to stamp on the top layer, (add your leaves to the lighter image), which will then be cut out and placed on the mat with dimensionals (104430). I used the dauber (102892) to sponge Soft Suede ink around the mat and the large oval punch to age it a bit. Then on the mat, I also roughed up the edges with a distressing tool, or you can use the edge of scissors to do this also.

And to finish it off, cuz I usually think we need some kind of BLING, I used dots of Dazzling Details (124117) on the centers of the flowers.

I hope this will inspire you to look at different colors for traditional images and give them a try.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment