Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Quick and Easy Notepad

I may be getting some of my mojo back! At least for this morning :) This was fun to create!


This is the finished product using some of the retiring products. I also used a couple of retired items, but I bet you can find something in your stash that will work, if you don't have these.


I won't give you specific measurements, because they will depend on your notepad. Measure the width of your notepad, double that and add 1/4" plus the depth of your pad. Measure the length of the notepad and add 1/4". Cut your cardstock to these measurements. This will create the spine and a slight overage for the cover. I used Island Indigo cardstock for my cover. Score in the middle for the depth of your pad (mine was 1/4") for the spine.


Cut a tag out for the closure. I actually used the retired Two Tags die, but you can use any tag shape. Decide where your first score line needs to be by lying it on the top of the cover where you want it to be, then place the second score line the depth of the pad. Glue or tape to the inside of the back cover.


I glued my notepad onto the cover, but you could actually add a strip of cardstock to the back cover to slip the pad through. Then it would be refillable.



I used a magnet closure for mine, so add one side of the magnet to the tag with a glue dot. Mine are actually self-adhesive.


Cut a piece of DSP or cardstock to cover the magnet. I am using the retiring Bohemian DSP.


Cut a mat piece 1/4" less than your cover top and attach it to the cover. Place the other piece of your magnet on top of the one you just positioned. I have left the adhesive on it for this picture so that it is more visible.


Remove the adhesive paper and fold the closure over the cover. This will make a perfect magnet position for closure. Press to attach the magnet to the cover.


This shows the second magnet placed on the mat of the cover.


Cut a piece of DSP 1/4" smaller than the mat and glue to the cover. NOTE: I like to glue the pieces over the magnets. I think it keeps them more secure. If you are using tape, make sure you run it over the magnet to help secure it a bit more.


Close the tag to make sure the closure works correctly and is where you want it to be.


Decorate as desired! I used the Butterfly Basics stamp set with Island Indigo ink for the butterfly, adding pearls for the body. The doily under it is a retired punch from glimmer paper. The sentiment is from the same stamp set in Basic Black ink.

I will be making a lot more of these. What a great thank you gift for the little things people do for you! I hope you will give it a try! I would love to see what you create and what you think about this gift item! How would you use it or who would you give it to? (Teacher appreciation, etc.)

Don't forget that we only have til the end of this month to order the retiring items that are still available! Check out my online store. Then June brings a new catalog with a lot of great new items and a few of the returning favorites.

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!









No comments:

Post a Comment