Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sunshine and Butterflies


As you probably already know, I love quick and easy projects. That is one reason I LOVE making cards! And this one fits at the top of both lists.

The base is Crumb Cake, cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"

Cut a 3 3/4" x 5" mat from Whisper White.

Ink up the retired Dictionary back ground stamp. Lie the mat piece on top of the ink. Lie a piece of scrap paper (copy paper works great) on top of the stack and using your hand or a brayer, rub across the stamp. Carefully remove your scrap then the mat. (Of course you can use any background stamp or a piece of DSP instead of the cardstock, for this step)

Stamp flowers once, then again without reinking onto the background image. I used the flower from the retired set "Hello There" with Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive inks.

Using the Kinda Eclectic set, stamp off two of the larger butterflies on Whisper White with Elegant Eggplant, just like the flowers, and cut them out. Stamp the sunburst onto a doily along with a sentiment. Place your ribbon around the mat and tape down on the back. Now you can adhere the mat onto the card base. Using liquid glue, place the doily onto the background image. Tie a small piece of ribbon into a knot and using a glue dot, position it onto the ribbon strip. (Don't pull the knot too tightly, so it will lie flatter and mail easier.) Place a small line of glue onto the butterfly bodies and attach to the card, then add three small rhinestones to the bodies for a bit of bling! (You know that has to happen somewhere on my cards!) Don't forget to fold up the wings just a bit for dimension.

I didn't do this BUT, some clear Wink of Stella would look great on the wings!!!!!

And that is it!!!!

I know I used several retired products, so don't let that bother you. If you don't have them, look through your stash. I bet you have something that you can substitute. You may even like it better. That happens to me a lot, even with current products. I see something I really like, but don't have the exact things, so I substitute. I may go ahead and order, but I am way too impatient to wait until an order shows up to create!

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment