Monday, May 16, 2016

Too Much Purple?????

Now that the birthday girl has received this I can share it with you :). She loves purple, me, not so much. So I am sometimes amazed at how well I like something I have created for her. (Shhh, don't tell her I said that! LOL)


This card is actually a bit smaller than a "normal" card, because it is positioned onto a back mat. The mat is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", which when finished brings the card to a standard size. The Blackberry Bliss card is 10" x 4", scored at 4 3/4. This will leave a 1/2" extension on the right hand side when folded.


Open the card, position and cut out three sides of a framelit shape around 1/2" in from the longer side. I used a banner shape. Close the card and score along the edge between the cuts of the shape. This forms a flap for your card closure. (Snip up to the scored line, if needed). Making sure NOT to glue your flap, adhere the card back to the card mat. The mat shows through the cut out. Decorate as desired. I used the same DSP to cover the front and the strip along the side. Added sentiments and butterflies, and, of course, clear Wink of Stella to the wings for a little bling.

Then create an envelope to match!


This piece of DSP was WAY TOO MUCH purple, so I scored 1/4" around the flap and folded it back on itself, adhering it down with double sided tape.

Hope that you enjoyed this project. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment